We printed off pics of penguins, wrote their names on the papers and looked up their heights in a book we got from the library. Anna can identify 7 types of penguins! Good job little Sibley! After writing their heights on the page we measured their heights on a wall in the laundry room (safe from Julia the leopard seal) and hung them up. You can see Anna on top. The empower penguin is 35 inches, 3 inches shorter than Mrs Anna on top!
Anna is tobogganing here. Yes, she came up to me and said "look mom, I can toboggan like a penguin!" I love this girls vocabulary
Did u know that while all penguins live in The southern hemisphere, some penguins live in the warm seas? We used this chart in a book to identify warm and cold sea penguins. Then used printouts of the penguins and put them in their appropriate homes.
Anna thought it was a fun game and we played it several times.




1 comment:
I snorkled with Galapagos Penguins in Ecuador a few years ago. I also have a couple of pictures of the little guys too.
Post a Comment