Anna's favorite is this book and specifically this page about predators. She uses the word predator often now and we casually talk about animals eating other animals for lunch. It's odd but true.
Another favorite is
The predecessor of curious George. It's horribly boring and odd. I hate reading it.
My favorite is
It is a fiction but has a lot of details about giraffe biology cleverly weaved into the story. Anna is especially interested in the ants that live in the acacia tree, so we watched a few you tube national geographic videos about ants and acacia trees. Pretty miraculous really what ants can do.
We also walked around like giraffes and practiced closing our noses like giraffes.
Yesterday morning daddy acted out the book "giraffes can't dance". I definitely fell deeper in love with Richard after watching his act! Giraffe suite and all. He was in garments though so no video sorry.
I created a couple of activities that our cousins helped us finish:
I do these activities in the wash room because we can hide from Julia in there. Yes that is Anna in the giraffe suit.
Amber helped Anna make this giraffe out of toilet paper rolls.
He even got to go outside.
Anna knows a few interesting facts about giraffes from all of our reading:
They live in Africa (she can point out Africa on a world map)
They have 2 toes
They are the tallest animal on the earth
They eat acaia leaves
They kill lions by kicking them
They have 20 inch long tongues (longer than my arm she will say)
Plus an obsession about predators (she will tell you that hyenas and lions kill momma giraffes because they hunt in packs - leopards and crocodiles eat babies that wander off because they hunt alone). It's odd, like I said before. But I think its good to not try to sugar coat it.
That's about it. Next up is ants. There is a really good magic school bus we've already watched. Anna is obsessed with queen ants, so this ought a be good.









No comments:
Post a Comment