Tuesday, May 21, 2013

cedar city

Rich had to work in cedar city for a few days, so we tagged along.  It was a perfect trip.  The girls were happy the entire 4 hour drive.  We did listen to the beauty and the beast soundtrack/story 4 times, but that's bearable.  ON the way down we stopped at a random petting zoo in cipio (aka middle of nowhere).  The even had a zebra!  Julia was terrified of all the animals.  We stopped at wingers for dinner when we got to cedar city there b/c I wanted asphalt pie.  The girls stuffed themselves with popcorn and we didn't even buy them dinner.  I had mahi mahi and rich had chicken tacos.  Both were good, but not as good as the pie.  I should have just gotten pie for my entree.  Then we went to walmart so rich could get a few things for the job.  We went back to the hotel and went swimming.  Both girls loved it.  Julia couldnt stop giggling and splashing.  Anna loved the hot tob and was pretending to be ursula while daddy played little mermaid.  Then daddy changed into king triton (whew!).  We went to bed without even having time to watch cable.  In the morning I went for a run and found a good trail.  I had originally planned to take the bus around cedar city while rich was working, but I brought the stoller and instead took the girls out on this trail.  We went to a park where anna peed her pants.  It was no big deal, but the first time she's had an accident away from home.  Im glad I carry extra panties everywhere, but I need to remember to pack extra socks too because it sure gets your shoes wet!  We also went to a pioneer museum and spent 4 hours there.  Anna loves museums.  She likes me to read her the signs and she likes to pretend she is the people living during that time period.  We loaded a wagon with supplies.  They had a bunch of boxes labeled (some flour some dry fruit, clothes, tools, ect) Anna made sure the first thing we put on the wagon was a box of BOOKS.  of course.  We found a spinning wheel and she loooooved it (thank you sleeping beauty).  She'd never seen one because we havent watched the movie, just read the book and listened to the story on CD.  We then went to another park, to the Cedar city library, to great harvest, and meandered on their main street.  We left for home around 3 got back to SLC in time to put the girls down for bed.  A good trip!














 look at julia holding anna's hand.  she loves her sister!

No comments: