Wednesday, September 10, 2014

I'm FREE!!!

 I gave my presentation this morning!  Wahoo.  It feels good to have that done!  So the girls and I had a fun day.  After I picked them up from Rachels, We went to Lakeshore learning and bought a new toy, we went to Wendy's for lunch (work gave me a gift card) and we went to wheeler farm.  We ended the day with peach cobbler (one of our neighbors left us a whole bunch of peaches on our doorstep!) and with FHE about temples.  We built a temple with our new toy.
 Anna and Julia loved the farm.  I haven't been taking them out like I used to with all the painting and working and traveling we have been doing.  I'm sort of glad summer is over.  Fall is my favorite time of year.
 Julia loved the cosmos in the garden part of the farm.
 Me too.
 At lunch I discovered that Anna does not know what a chicken nugget is.  Or french fries.  We were standing in line and I said, "Anna do you want a hamburger or chicken nuggets?"  Anna said "chicken nuggets."  About 5 minutes later (long line) Anna pointed to a picture of french fries and said "mom, I want those, are those chicken nuggets?"  I chuckled to myself.  We are doing good in the feeding department.  Anna will tell everyone that she loves mango lassi and pesto pizza - but at 4 years old she is unable to tell the difference between a french fry and a chicken nugget.  It was a proud parenting moment.
 oh and we had a breakthrough with julia at dinner on sunday.  she ate arugula by her own free will and choice.  good job baby.

2 comments:

pbuhler5 said...

When we took the girls to McDonalds, Anna said she wanted chicken nuggets & Julia wanted a hamburger. However, Anna ate more of Julia's burger & Julia liked the nuggets. Mostly, they liked the fries & the play room.

Breea Heiner said...

good job Julia! I can't even get Bryan to eat arugula...and I don't really care for it either. We need you around our house to bust us back into good eating shape.