Sunday, September 14, 2014

sick sick sick at the museum of natural history

we had a good saturday.  i got up and went for a run, i haven't been running enough lately and i feel it!  (i feel better when i regularly get a run in).  I stopped at a yard sale and bought a christmas tree, a garbage can, a map of the world for anna's room, a lamp, a toy for julia, a toy for anna and wheelbarrow for the sandbox - all for 13 dollars!  What a deal.

Then we went to the museum of natural history (it was free day for summer reading program finishers).  It took a long time to get there because there was a marathon going down ft. union.  It was really annoying.  I wish there were more warnings about it on the street - we could have taken I 15 and saved a HALF HOUR of traffic.

The museum was okay.  julia makes it difficult to enjoy.  richard was lame and was checking his phone every few minutes instead of enjoying time with the girls.  sometimes I really hate smart phones.  plus we are all sick and we probably should have just stayed home.

we stopped by rons to return some window coverings that i found in our halloween deocrations.  we had no desire to talk with them so we put it in the mail box and drove off.

We stopped by my grandma's house.  my mom was there cleaning it out with virginia and the kids.  they are going to be moving in it looks like.  i am so grateful that they don't have to have 4 kids in their 2 bedroom house!  we helped for a half hour then went home to get julia down for her nap.

When we got home I was feeling sick so i took a nap.  julia took a nap.  anna played in her room or something and richard went shopping for cover crop then planted it in the garden.  we had hamburgers for dinner.  Then we put the girls to bed, I made a menu for the week and richard got violently ill with chills and fever and headache and nausea and diarrhea cramps.  So we just went to bed.

I guess long story short is that life has been difficult to enjoy the past few days because we've all got some sort of flu bug that takes a long time to GO AWAY!

 this is the first time julia has walked over this glass floor display of fossils by herself!  good job boppy!
 by the triceratop display.
 anna says her favorite part is the dinosaurs.  it really is a cool display.
 doing a puzzle with daddy.
 looking down at a display.
 trying to guess which is heavier.  anna was a major cheater.
 julia building a pritti caca.
 julia by the skull collection
 julia's favorite part of all:  the princess carriage.  she went bonkers over this
 anna sits down at the piano several times each day and starts playing and singing.  she reads the words from the children's song book and sings along.  I HAVE GOT TO GET THIS THING TUNED!

we went for a drive after church (I was the only one who went....the rest were sick).  the fall colors are beautiful.


1 comment:

Joy said...

Sorry to hear you all are sick. I've been under the weather myself. Hope you all feel better and Anna recovers quickly.