One of our neighbors came by and brought us cookies to welcome us into the neighborhood. They were really good. So nice. We also had one of our neighbor girls come by and give julia an "invitation." Actually just a piece of paper with scribbles on it. I feel like we always have people coming to our door to just chat or to just say hi. We live in a good place. I'm excited to have Halloween here.
Saturday was a busy day. We went to the Ogden temple open house. Anna was quiet and wide eyes the whole time. She liked the "celestia" room as she called it. Julia had to be carried because she wouldn't put the booties on her feet. It was beautiful. I especially liked some of the pictures in the temple, new ones of Christ and people that I have not seen before. Julia called it a "pritti caca" of course.
After the temple we stopped by bountiful to pick up the fridge my dad got for us for free. We will put it in the basement. I want to rent the basement, rich is not so sure. Anyways, its really nice and probably newer than the fridge we have upstairs.
My dad requested that we come help him move some stuff at Grandma elaines house on Lynne Lane. They are getting ready to sell the house and are clearing it out. I do not like going over there. It's sad. I am filled with memories of grandma and grandpa as soon as I start driving on 2300 E by Olympus High. I think about grandpa shuffling around and when he would so sweetly say "thank you for coming to visit us, come again soon." I miss Grandpa.
And I need to be better about visiting Grandma. We haven't been as often as I would like since she moved. But I also think there is a time and season for everything. You can't help everyone all at the same time. Watching spencer twice a week from 7am to 7pm really limits what I can go and do. But it really helps Rachel.
Anyways, while I was helping my Dad, Anna and Richard went to the State Fair. We've been reading books about the state fair, so I wanted Anna to experience it. They report having a good time, riding rides, watching animals, a dog show and seeing a lot of weird people on the train ride home (they rode trax).
After they came home we had dinner and put the kids to bed. Since the sun is setting earlier I am trying to get the kids to bed at 7pm. I am much happier when I have a few hours of freetime before I go to bed (vs putting the kids down at 8 or 8:30).
It's sunday and I've just been informed by Anna that julia has a poopy diaper. yu
Anna loved the witch
Anna thought the faris wheel would be to scary so she chose the carousel
For her treat at the farm she choose an apple over the candy.
Anna called this the predator museum. She loves museums.






1 comment:
I'm glad you got to go to another open house with Church clothes this time! I have such special memories of the Bountiful open house with you guys. I hope we can take Spencer to another one now that he's old enough to understand and remember more. I love reading your posts and it makes me miss you. Meredith Marvin was over the other day and we were both saying how much we miss you! I'm SO impressed with Anna's apple over candy. You are such an awesome mom/friend!
Post a Comment