Thursday, September 18, 2014

grandma's birthday luau

i am sad because i didn't get a picture of grandma on her birthday!  It was grandma Elaines bday today.  No one knows how old she is, but on the car ride there the kids guessed:  chloe said 18, Remi said 4 and anna said 18, then 28.  Grandma was happy with those guesses.

The care center she resides at was having a luau on her birthday to support a cause.  They told grandma that it was her birthday party.  What a party it was!  There was Hawaiian food and live music and dancing.

I was watching Virginia's kids because she needed to run to the DMV.  So I kind of had my hands full trying to get 5 kids under 6 dinner and drinks and desserts from a long line.  After dinner though, I gave the baby to my mom and took the kids up front to watch the show.  They loved it.  Especially Remi.  Julia was dancing the whole time - i didn't get a good picture of her first dance.  I love that my girls are confident enough to dance anytime, anywhere.  I always loved to watch people who were good at dancing - and was never brave enough to do it myself.

Here's some videos and pictures.  The staring pictures were taken when the Polynesian men came out.  Remi was especially entranced by that. Will somebody leave a comment and tell me if they can see the movies below?  I am trying a new way to post the movies.  I can see them but can't hear sound.








3 comments:

pbuhler5 said...

The girls are cute at dancing, but there is no sound.

Breea Heiner said...

No sound and the videos are more like a series of pictures than a video.

Nicole said...

thanks for the comments! That's what I see when i post them. It's a lot faster than posting a video, so I'll probably do it that way a good part of the time. loves!