we have been learning about france this month.
Turns out that a lot of childrens movies and things are based in france. Doesn't anna look tres chic? I think that's a french term and I just wanted to put that funny picture in. She requested that I send it to aunt joy earlier today.
Anyways: Since we have a lot of eggplant in the garden I decided to focus on the culinary side of france, and we got the movie ratatoille. We read the book, we listened to the soundtrack, then we made some ratatouille from a french cookbook. While the ratatouille was cooking we watched the movie. Anna was smiling ear to ear the whole time.
When the movie ended no one ate their ratatoille but me. I was disappointed. Oh well.
Then we danced to french music. Daddy and Julia got a little rough.
After that we attempted these cookie eifel towers from a cookbook.
Ours weren't quite as pretty.....
But I'm sure they tasted just as good.
after that anna was sort of disobedient and didn't want to go to bed. It's my fault. We ended our fun night at 7:30. It's a half hour past their bed time. Next time NO FUN after 7pm (:








2 comments:
France is fascinating. The food is delicious, history is amazing and tragic. There's a lot of french influence in this country and great literature. Have you shown Anna this video yet? Its an introduction to Les Mis (My mom's favorite novel) and funny enough that she'll laugh.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GyYZfSmwH3c
Post a Comment