So my friend Jenn came to visit today. She lives in Vegas now (previously South Carolina). We like to eat together. When we were teens we would exercise together and then make and eat an entire batch of brownies (or rice crispies). We've progressed since then. Her baby Hailey and Julia share a birthday - so we included them in our cooking fun today. We picked eggplant from the garden and baked it. We made pesto. We cut up tomatoes and peppers. Yum. Then Jenn went home and I did a webinar about kids with autism for work. After julia woke up from her nap we got the eggplant back out and made Mango Lassi (anna's favorite). Julia really likes baked eggplant and also really likes mango lassi (or smoothies of any type). She decided that it would be yummy to dip the eggplant in the mango lassi. what? She loved it and then got anna to try and they ended up eating probably 2 cups of eggplant dipped in mango lassi. I didn't try it, maybe i'm the picky one.
Anna has been dying to make these masks that she saw in a halloween book she found at the library. So we finally did it today. Then she wanted to pose like a mad spider. Wow - look at this drama queen.
Here is julia in her mask. she loved it. which was surprising because usually she's picky about those kinds of things. At any rate she is absolutely adorable.
Oh yeah, and we started the morning at winco. We got there at 8am, we got home at 10am. I spent 271 dollars and bought 130 items. As you can see below, that's a lot of food. I was out of steel cut oats, pasta, wheat berries, rice (I buy 25 pounds of each of these at a time). Someone in the parking lot felt bad for me i guess, because he came over and helped me load all the groceries into the car. There ARE nice people in the world! It's been a good day.






4 comments:
Oh Nicole, you make me want to blog more regularly. I am trying.....
Oh Yea,It sounds like I need to grow more egg plants next year in my Green House!!!!!
I did the autism webinar, too. It was informative with useful information. The girls are adorable.
I wish I was as good at getting Spencer to eat veggies as you are with your girls! Eggplant dipped in smoothie is impressive! They are so cute!
Post a Comment