Well I've had a few blog readers ask if we are in our house yet.....I guess I never followed up on that. It's too depressing to think about I guess. We had the inspection and rich decided he didn't like the house. I never loved it, but I loved the location. We revoked our offer and got our earnest money back.
The next week we decided we just might not want to buy a house at all because we might not want to live in salt lake forever and, we might not want to continue with our current professions!! We just want to hang out in limbo.....forever in Ron's basement.......or something......
In other news Anna is reading voraciously at what seems like a second grade level (I'm not a teacher so I don't know, but she is reading those step 3 early reader books)and I worry about whether I should send her to regular kindergarten or not. I don't want her love of learning to be squashed by a boring kindergarten class (in another year! She is only 3) and I don't want her to think she can just breeze by her whole life.
At the same token I don't want to put a grade ahead or homeschool her because she's on the social level of a kindergartner and she needs friends! I think learning to be accountable to others and learning to get along with others is probably the most important thing for Anna to grasp in life - so maybe sending her to kindergarten is going to be just fine. AFTER ALL, ITS ONLY kindergarten!!
That's what's on my mind lately......
1 comment:
Okay, fine. Anna might be my niece, although I wasn't reading at age 3. I think I was 4 when I was reading. I've actually been thinking about Anna's education some too. She was born to learn, and maybe I should have a greater role in her education. And she can stay with me for a week or so in the summers when she gets older. I'll have more leave next year, and can take a week off and have Anna spend more time with me.
Post a Comment