We've had a few Saturdays that have been rather blaahhh. So today we decided to have a good Saturday. Richard went skiing in the morning. I did insanity and the girls played. When rich got home we cleaned off our patio. It's started to look pretty white-trash lately. While cleaning out we saw a rat. That was rather alarming. But it's nice to rent because Ron will take care of it.
Then we went to the "library fair." Anna has been looking forward to it all week. She asks about it every day. When we got there she and Julia were both TERRIFIED. there were a lot of people in costume from start wars and Disney. The girls were really scarred of chewbaca and also the princesses?! What! I used to feel bad for not taking them to Disney land because I thought they would love to see the princesses and characters. I don't feel bad any more. They would hate it.
see the princesses in the background. Yeah, that's as close as the girls would get. TERRIFIED.
These videos are hilarious of us leaving the library. We are asking Julia if she wants to go back and see the princesses. NO no NO. gO home!!!
At the museum Anna had to take off her boots and DANCE in the big open room. It's acutally an exhibit of words - which I dont' really get. But the security said it was okay for her to dance, so I let her have at. I put in all these pics so I can remember that she went ALL OVER that floor.
We came home and went for a hike up Millcreek canyon. Julia got attacked by a friendly dog (aka the dog got somewhat close) and she cried the rest of the hike. But anna enjoyed playing "mountain hide and seek" and singing "mountain man" (to the tune of aiken drum). She's really turned into quiet the hiker. Living so close to the mountains has really paid off. Rich and I love the mountains and are SO MUCH happier when we spend time up there. We are thinking about becoming teachers so we can spend our summers in the mountains.
anna has been doing this dorky smile lately. she turns her head goofy because she thinks it makes her look pretty like a princess.
Julia being MAD.
note, again, the princess head turn.
we got off the icy trail and headed up in search of big rocks. rich got Julia to calm down a little.
anna was really quiet the hiker today!
anna found a little tiny hole in a rock and put some seashells in there as a secret treasure. We also found some helicopter seed that had started to germinate. That was pretty cool too.
Anna's hiding spot for mountain hide and seek.
getting good use of the boots at the trail head.
Julia liked that part. she cried when we left.
We came home and had an awesome dinner of salad with croutons and avocados. Yup we are weird.
Now the girls are in bed and the dreariest time of day begins. The dark night stuck in the basement. At least Ron buys cable so we can fast forward through the Olympic commercials.


















2 comments:
That sounds like such a perfect Saturday!!!
Oh, that museum sounds like a great time! Anna dancing is great. Oh, Julia. Ah, glad you get cable. Jealous!! At least during the Olympics!!
Post a Comment