Sunday, December 8, 2013

a journal-ey entry because i broke the camera

Our weekend!  I haven't been taking pictures because I broke the camera that fits in my pocket (bit surprise I know) and the other one is so nice I don't dare take it out.  Since this is in the home I got a pic - it is me and a BUNCH of walnuts!  Our neighbor Dorothy picks them at her friends farm and dries them.  She sent us a bunch and they are SO SO SO delicious.  The girls ate about 20 each for breakfast.  I sure miss her, especially at this time of year!

So, sorry no pics - but......i want to remember!

Thursday:  Anna and I helped grandma elaine decorate for christmas.  Amy went over before us and put up the tree, then we went and put the ornaments on.  It was beautiful to watch grandma hand anna the ornaments and tell her about them, then have anna put them on the tree.  After the decorations we played christmas songs at her piano.  I love to play primary songs because my grandma will always start to sing along.  I think it brightens her mood a little bit.  She was the primary president at one time.

Friday:  My best friend Rachel had her baby!  She was home, so we took her lunch and visited little Spencer Jay.  It is rough being a new mom.  Poor Poor Rachel's body.  I hope she gets healed up soon.  Julia was especially enamored by him.  She loved to touch his face and give him loves.  She loves little babies.  sorry julia, mommy isn't having one anytime soon!  But we do plan to babysitt spencer for rachel once/week starting in march.  Friday night anna and julia were very excited to spend the night at grandma heiner's so Rich and I could go to our ward party.  He got food poisoning he thinks, so it ended up being a lame date night....

Saturday:  We went and picked up the girls.  Rich went shopping.  I stayed at my moms and talked my sister into making bryan and breea's christmas present for me.  She is a talented seamstress, thank you amy!  After that, my mom, amy and I took Chloe, Amber and Anna to the soroptomist home show (my mom goes EVERY year).  Anna loved looking at the trees in people's houses.  It was a monster snow storm and I ended up staying at  my parents until about 6.  Virginia and I had a good time making anna and chloe sugar plum fairy wands and they danced by christmas tree light to the Mannheim steamroller.  They LOVED IT.  and anna's dancing had us all on the floor laughing and it only got better when my mom joined in.  Andy drove me home in the snow on the freeway.  He's a good safe driver.  Anna was sad to have her cousins go.

Sunday:  I was excited to shovel snow.  I love being out there first thing in the morning, when it is quiet and glittery (all except the sound of rons noisy snowblower!).  We went to church.  Rich took anna down to grandmas so he could shovel the snow, but my uncle bill was there and had already done it.  then we went to tithing settlement.  After that we went to my mom's again for dinner. She made some good burnt chicken and ginger cookies.  Anna got to decorate her THIRD tree of the year.  She's got this down by now I think, but I don't think she loves it any less.  Julia bebopped around and tried to convince everyone she could to take her to the treat cupboard.  We then had to go to andy's to return his keys (that's why we went to moms, because I left them there and felt bad).  We listened to the christmas devotional - for the first time it wasn't the first presidency speaking!  It was good, but I missed the good long Monson talks.  I wonder if he is getting too repetitive in his old age.  maybe it's horrible to say that.  Anyways, now we are going to bed.  It's been a good weekend, and will be another good week getting ready for Christmas!

I've never been so excited for Christmas before.  I think having such beautiful children around me really makes it fun and exciting.  I hope to always have the spirit of little children around me at Christmas time.


No comments: