I think this is the 4th weekend we have spent at bear lake this summer. As usual, we had a marvelous time. The weather was nice, the company nice, and the girls (mostly) happy. We took off friday night so we could sleep in the nice mountain air instead of our stuffy hot apt.
When we got there the water was off because of the neighbors building their cabin, but it came back on quickly. WE got the girls to bed and played a fun game of phase ten together. In the morning Rich went for a bike ride and the girls and I played and made bread while he was gone. We played mouse trap during Julias nap, then we headed to the beach. It was a perfectly hot day and we did a lot of swimming and playing on the sand. My dad has those pictures, so I'll add them to the post when I get them from him.
Then my mom and dad came. Mom and I went out for a long walk in the moonlight. Sunday morning we made pancakes. Then we packed up and headed out to Bloomington lake. Last time my parents went, 7 years ago, the road was impassable by car, so we all (4 adults and 2 car seated kids) crammed into richards toyota tacoma. At first all in the cab, later half the adults rode in the bed.
It was so pretty. We saw some tadpoles and a lot of butterflies. I got some good shots with my new camera. I love butter flies. Then we watched people rope swing into the lake. I wanted to so bad but I didn't want to ride with wet jeans home. Lame excuse I know. We waded in the water and had a good time enjoying the beauty around us. Julia fell on a rock and bruised her head. Nothing too exciting. ON the way home mom and I rode illegal immigrant style in the back of the bed (laying down so no cops could see us). It was funny but very hot. After dinner we put Julia to bed and went for a nice walk on the beach.
Richard drove home monday morning. Sadly his office had been broken into and there was no computer for him to work on. So it was too bad he had to go home for that! I went for a good bike ride around the lake (only 20 miles of it) and then we went to Minnetonka cave. IT was awesome. Anna was in awe the whole time. The best part was that it was 40 degrees and so so nice and cool.
When we got back from the cave we played some 3 year old games with anna and then my dad wanted to make a fire. So my mom made some dinner and we roasted marshmallow dessert over the fire. Funny thing happened, I got some on my face and didn't know it. Next thing, I see anna coming towards me with her tongue out. She LICKED MY FACE to get the marshmallow off. So silly.
Monday morning mom and I went for a long walk/run on the beach while dad took the girls 4 wheeling and then we played at the beach for a while. We cleaned and packed up and drove home through monte cristo. It was a wonderful, relaxing weekend. Fun to be there all alone, but to me it isn't as much fun when my siblings aren't there with me.
Speaking of siblings, while we were gone Virginia had her baby! Since the hospital is down the street from our apt, they came over to show Sterling Henry Heiner to us! Hooray for new babies. Congratulations Virginia for surviving another childbirth!
And of course Anna loved playing with her cousins while were inside chatting. Look at these crazy goof balls.
1 comment:
Yay for a new camera! Seriously, you have a technology curse! We will have to visit Bear Lake sometime. You make it look and sound like paradise. Bummer about Richard's computer though. I hope he didn't loose too much data.
Post a Comment