Monday, August 26, 2013

working, librarying, eating squash and hiking

 I had to work this morning for a few hours.  I left the kids iwth my neighbor and when I got back put them down for quiet/naptime.  After that I took them to the park/library.  I loved today, it was perfect overcast weather.  I love pictures of julia walking.  what a cutie.
 doddling our way into the library.
 Anna spent a good 30 minutes in here while I chatted with Kaelie's sister Kristen.  Julia and Eyrie fought over some library toys.  Good times with 2 year olds.

Look at this guy take off and leave me to carry Anna.......l After a good dinner of squash from pauls garden ( love the spagetti squash, you are amazing paul) we went for a hike up Desolation trail.  It's a 4.8 mile round trip hike.  We started at 6:30, we were a bit unprepared....anna wasn't wearing shoes.........we didn't have any water........I was wearing crap socks and shoes........it was getting dark and was almost Julia's bedtime......we didn't know how far the trail was........but we went anyways.
 We are going backpacking this w/e so I thought I would carry anna to get a handle on hauling heavy loads up passes.  My backpack better not be 45# or we won't make it to our destination!
 Richard wasn't sympathetic to my heavy load and took off.  Let play where's waldo (richard).......see the little dot.  That's what I looked at on the way up until i got mad and told him to wait for me.
 see him?  yeah a little dot.
 After much whining on my part (i wore bad socks because I originally thought we were going biking!  anna was very heavy) we made it to the top!  hooray.  What a good FHE activity.  It had nothing to do with our lesson on baptism and was actally pretty lame for the girls as we had no intention of letting them hike or play.......
 Julia fell asleep on the way up and was pretty dazed in this pic.
 me and my little dolly!
 mountain yoga.
 beautiful sunset.
 anna fell asleep on the way down.  look how sweaty richard is!  yucko!
can you read this sign?  neither can we.  I think from looking online the hike was 4.8 round trip, but the sign says its only 2.  i refuse to believe that.  its at least to the top and maybe 2 back down.  What a fun spur of the moment date (since the kids slept greater than half the time can we consider it a date?).

2 comments:

Trina said...

I love that you go on such awesome hikes!!! What a beautiful sunset! And you can totally count it as a date prepping for backpacking :)

pbuhler5 said...

I told Joyce, that we could say something about not being prepared, but we remember what happened to us when we lived in Montana and we got stranded and I had to carry joy 8 miles, so we can't say a thing