Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Happy things

Richard got me a home phone.  It's the best thing that's happened to me for a while.  It can't get lost,I can hear it ring (because it won't be lost, dead or on vibrate or silent) its big so I can use it while I'm doing other things and I can actually hear what people are saying.  I may actually pick up if you call me!  How fun, thanks honey!  It's called basic talk and it's 10$ a month, if you are cell phone retarded like me you should check it out.

We have basil!  Utah gardening is awesome!  We froze two batches of pesto last night.  Rich went to buy pine nuts.  They were 39$ a pound.  So we did a test.  We made a batch pricey with pine nuts and olive oil.  Then we made a batch cheap with almonds and canola oil.  I actually prefer the canola and almond batch.  Canola has 2 less grams of monounsaturated fat (mufa) but almonds have triple the mufa of pine nuts.  So nutritionally speaking they are comparable.  But who really even knows if that matters.  Hooray for fresh basil!!

No comments: