Sunday, August 25, 2013

Shadrach Roundy Ranch


For my parents 40th anniversary mom wanted to go up the the ranch.  John was nice enough to saddle a horse and I took Julia and Anna for a ride.  Julia sucked her thumb the entire time.  She was ok once she was on.
Anna loved it she about fell off at first, but then I moved her to in front of me.  John walked out of his house with his cowboy hat on and Anna gave a little chuckle.  He also taught her some good language so we hope it doesn't stick.  
She wasn't so keen on being on by herself.
This is how Julia really thought of the horse. She is terrified.

Thanks mom for taking us up to the ranch.   I use to spend my summers at grandmas and help john at the ranch it was a great time. He and Grandma would make us work hard but they would also make sure we would have a good time.  grandma would take us to rodeos and john would take us on  horse rides, golfing, and always buy us a coke. 
I think about buying grandmas place so I timed the commute and it would be 35 to 40 minutes, so doable, but not great.


Here is Grandma True (2011).  We miss you and think of you often Grandma. 

3 comments:

Kristin said...

Every kids needs to experience ranch life a little. Spencer's probably still a little traumatized from when he almost fell off a horse when he was two. I hope he'll get a chance to learn to ride sometime. So nice that you live close enough to make that happen if you want.

Trina said...

What a cool place!!! And how fun for Julia to spend time at Grandma True's home.

Joy said...

Of course John taught Anna some colorful language. Glad to hear that Julia actually got on the horse.