We went to Vernal this weekend to see Richard's parents. We decided to take the long way and we stopped by Mill Hollow. I worked there the summer rich and I got engaged. I was the head cook and I think I made 10.50$. It was a stressful job. But it was also fun and beautiful. ON the weekends Mill Hollow would host family reunions, so I wasn't surprised when I saw a bunch of vehicles in the parking lot on the weekend. But I WAS surprised to see Jeff Dahl, our friend from SHERWOOD, helping a van back in to a parking space. I said "hey! that looks like Jeff Dahl" and then he looked at us and Richard said "that IS Jeff Dahl!" He walked over to the car and said, "I looked over and saw your car and said Hey, that looks like Richard, wait a second that IS Richard!" So fun. Richard was their home teacher, we taught two of their kids in sunday school and Amber was my visiting teacher for a brief moment before we left. They are the kindest people in the whole world, seriously. I have learned so much from watching Amber Dahl. I was so happy to see her again for 10 minutes! We even got a picture: Haven, Jeff, Amber. I wish we could have stayed the night so some of Amber's goodness could rub off on me. But even if we were invited, there was no way I would've wanted to spend the night with the mice at mill hollow. I didn't tell amber, but I've never seen so many mice in my life as I did there. that kitchen is INFESTED!
Here are the girls in the teepee.
what are those sticks doing mom?
wow!
Then we made it to Vernal. We kept the windows open in Hanna/Tabiona to smell the good fresh air that blows through that pretty valley. In the morning we picked raspberries while rich went for a bike ride. Then I ran on the treadmill while Richard mowed the lawn and anna played with the beloved vintage little people toys. Julia napped.
Anna got some good Josie time. Julia ran in fear.
Anna picked worms from the garden, we drove up to the uintahs, hiked a big mountain and went fishing. Anna caught her first fish! She was thrilled.
me and Julia at the top of the steep hike
It is beautiful up there.
Then Richard chopped down and hauled two trees home for firewood. that man loves chopping down trees. Joyce read some Richard Scarry books to anna and she's sleeping in Aunt Joys bed. Too bad we can't stay here a week. Its been a beautiful weekend.
2 comments:
How awesomely random that you got to see the Dahls! Also, I love that Anna caught her first fish at the age of 3 and Richard chopping down 2 trees is just a casual mention. Fantastic.
P.S. I finally blogged.
How fun!!! How awesome you ran into the Dahls!!! I love how your lives are full of fun, friends, family, and adventure! You are always doing something fun and creative!
Post a Comment