After bfast I asked her what she wanted to do. She said "make our house beautiful". Im not sure what that would have entailed, so I gave her a few more options. I mentioned museums, water parks, reading, libraries, and grandmas house. Anna voted grandmas house. I asked what she wanted to do there: cook, hike, eat, play at park, play with toys. Anna said "watch a movie." So after a shower, which anna loves, off we went at 8 am to watch a movie at grandmas house.
She is really into putting her own shoes on lately. Her favorite are these glittery ones from grandma buhler.
She is also adamant about doing up her own shoulder strap on her carseat. She chose her own outfit today too and put it on. She is growing up! Must be 3.
Grandma got her a present. She was a brat and after she opened it she threw it at grandma. She was expecting ponies and she got clothes. we had a little lesson about that, hopefully it will be better on saturday!
Grandpa tried to make her happy by wearing flip flops on his ears.
She came around quick and tried on the ballet jammies and wore the new outfit around today.
So then to the movie. I encouraged peter pan since grandma buhler may be taking her to see it live tomorrow. She loved it. Grandma popped her some popcorn and watched for a few minutes, but then had to deliver some flowers so she left. The pic of them is published on the post before this one.
After movie it was time for snack. Anna wanted ice cream. It's her birthday so I said okay. Plus at grandma you can make a really small ice cream cone, which anna didn't finish anyways. But julia at all of hers no problem.
After ice cream Anna said she wanted to go to a museum with grandpa. She politely asked if he would go with her and off we went. we originally planned to go to the planet museum, but i hadn't taken her to the church history museum yet so we went there. WE also walked around temple square but I didn't take any pictures. She got to help build nephi's boat and fish out of it. she thought that was fun.
Here she is being a brat again. I wanted a pic with her and grandpa and she would not do it. ah well. at least julia is still sweet in her young age.
AFter the museum we took grandpa home and had lunch. Of all the choices I gave her she chose a hot dog and cold cereal with milk. Two things we never have at our house. Although maybe we should, they were yummy! After lunch we ditched grandma and met up with our friends from Portland JJ and LL! We went to liberty park and played in the water and on the play structure. The two played as if they have been living by eachother still for the past 6 months. awesome. thanks for letting us crash your family party trina!
JJ is quiet the acrobat and anna tried to follow in her footstep, i was glad to see she is getting braver and stronger. We went home after that, much to anna's dismay. She never wants to go home. On the way I calle dher dad and said i was picking up wendys. then I missed the drive thu and got stuck in traffic and changed my mind. When I got home rich was excited to take anna out to eat so we did. I just wanted to come home after being gone all day.
we gave her the choice of pizza or burgers, she chose pizza. we went to a NY pizza joint by our house and got california veggie. it was worth the 20 bucks we spent. Im so happy that anna is an adventurous eater and likes everything. She colored while we waited and demanded milk to drink.Aunt Joy called. Anna wishes she could be at her party but will get over it. (:
Here is julia feeding daddy ice.
cutie.
mushroom, artichoke, tomato pesto pizza. yum.
When we got home she put on her ballet jammies (thank you grandma she loves them!) and did some ballet. this is tenduPirouette
Plie
PUzzle from JJ. (THANK YOU JJ AND TRINA) We love the presents. Just exactly up annas alley. She loves those puzzles and care bears, she loves books (esp about bugs) and she can't wait for the dinos to grow. She has checked at least 5 times tonight and Im sure it will be the first thing she thinks of in the morning!
I read her a book, daddy read her a book, did her puzzle again and then to bed. She loved her day so much she didn't want to stay there so I had to take away her ponies. But now she's asleep. Oh how we love this little girl.
3 comments:
We Love Our Anna Too!!!!! Can'T Believe She Is 3
Thanks for hanging out with us on Anna's bday!!! We had so much fun!!! It was so great to see you guys again! And it seemed just like the oregon days except Julia and LL were off and running too on the adventure!
Happy Birthday Anna! I'm glad she had a fun day. It's really hard to teach kids how to be polite about presents. I can't wait to read about the fabulous party!
Post a Comment