Wednesday, June 26, 2013

bear lake

 Richard wrote a century ride near Bear Lake last weekend.  So we decided to invite the entire Heiner clan up to the Cabin to get in our adventure.
 While waiting for Rich to finish the race we visited the heritage museum in Montpelier ID.  Anna was adamant about visiting this museum.  I think she is going to be a museum curator when she grows up.  Here she is looking at some OB tools from the 1900's.  Glad I didn't live then and need forceps.
 Here is the old sewing machine.
 The baby stroller was a hit.  Too bad there were big signs all over that said "DO NOT TOUCH!"
 Then we found a whole section of the museum about BERN ID.  There were even pictures of our ancestors.  Richard's dad's family, the KUNZ's were cheese makes from Bern Switzerland (let me know if I have this right Paul).  There was a whole section of the museum dedicated to the Kunz family, complete with pictures.
 Here is Rich and his friend marty after completing their 100 mile ride.  Rich did pretty good on recovery, he didn't even throw up.
 On the way home we saw 2 moose right in the road!  Pretty amazing!  Later that day anna and I played on the beach.  We had a pelican land right next to us.  It was beautiful!
 Here is the whole clan at the cabin.  from L to R (evan, chloe, virginia, andy holding remi, richard holding both girls, taylor, amy, gavin, jill holding jane, amber, grandpa glenn).  It is my grandpa Glenn Taylor's cabin.  He loves it there.  I sat on the porch with him the first night and he told me he kept seeing bats.  I didn't see any bats.  But he is the PhD Veterinarian so Ill take his word, even if he does use a magnifying glass to read his mail.  He hadn't been up to the cabin for 2 years, so it was good to see him there.  He missed grandma too much though and had his bags packed and was sitting on his walker ready to go by the second day.  Richard appeased him by taking him home early sunday morning.  I think Richard was ready to get away from his sleep deprived whiny kids and wife.
Anna and Julia got in some good Grandma Heiner time.  They love their grandma!  Julia slept horrible the first night, she kept the whole cabin awake (close quarters).  The next night we had her sleep in the closet in my mom's room.  She slept through the night but was up at 5.  My mom was nice and got up with her and fed her a snack and took her for a walk outside.  Oh Julia you little charmer you!  My mom and I drove home sunday afternoon and the girls slept the whole way.  It was fun to chat with my mom.  Who knew I would talk to my mom everyday when I moved back here.  We never run out of things to talk about.  When I was a teenager you would have never been able to convince me that my mom would one day be my best friend (well after richard that is).

1 comment:

pbuhler5 said...

The Kunz's and the Buhler's were both cheese makers that lived in small villages south of Bern.
the villages are in very beautiful valleys of Switzerland. Joy and Steven have been there a couple of times. Steven served his mission in those areas. I believe I attached some Articles to my Grandma Buhler family tree. It would be under Sophia Rebecca Kunz