Saturday, June 1, 2013

uncle steven

 Uncle Steven is in the army.  He used to live up the street from us (3 hours up I-5 in lacey WA).  Now he lives in Missouri.  Soon he will be moving to Texas.  Anyways, we haven't seen him for 6 months and he's doing some training in UT so we get to see him for a week!  He loooves fishing (to put it lightly) so to appease him we always go fishing when he is around.  The girls don't mind an adventure!
 Especially when we let them drive!
 We went to strawberry reservoir and met Joyce and Paul.  Anna and steven are two peas in a pod.  Daydreaming piddle paddlers.  They had a great time just doo dadding around with eachother today.
 Josie the dog came along.  Julia is afraid of animals, and for good reason.  She was eating a cracker and Josie came along and swiped it right out of her hand and made her cry.  Silly dog.
 Steven and Josie on the end of the pier, scouting for fish.
 We like to put Grandpa in charge of Julia because she's a handful and he loves her anyways.
 Anna showing me the sharp teeth on the salmon.  Here we are at this beautiful place, and anna spots the museum (visitor center).  She didn't want to do anything else until we had gone to the museum.  This girl LOVES museums.  When we were in cedar city a few weeks ago she wouldn't even play at the park until we had been to the museum.  I love her.
 Both girls love grandpas big red truck.  Anna will spot similar trucks around town and query where her papa is.
 We had to walk maybe 1/4 mile to where we fished.  Anna was carrying this chair.  We were walking along maybe 200 ft from the car and plonk, she puts down her chair and crosses her leg over.  She was done walking and ready to chill.  We got her mov'n again by singing the ants go marching one by one.
 Rich and anna fishing.
 julia fishing.  for trouble.
 grandma reading.
 julia peeking in on the action.
 beautiful place.
 throwing mud pies.
 eating mud pies.
 potty training is rough in the wild.  Anna is fine squatting and going before she wets herself, but for some reason her pee shoots out like a boy's does and gets all over the place.  it's odd and messy and peeing in the wild just doesn't work for her yet.  so when i got her clothes off - since she accidentally wet them - she got all excited because she thought that meant she could go swimming.  I said ok so here she is, streaking again.  this girl loves being naked.  Tonight she came running out of the shower to show me the ballet move she had just mastered.  No shame.  naked ballet.
 julia!!!  i think her expression and stance is very similar to josie's a few pictures down.
 sleeping.
 sleeping.  i guess fishing is exhausting.
 JOSIE!
 WE CAUGHT one crawdad and a lot of worms.  For all the hours and money spent on fishing this buhler family sure has naught to show for it.  I think fishing is just an excuse to go hang out in the beauty of nature without having to put for the physical exertion needed to hike, bike or otherwise apply oneself.  I am probably wrong but that's how I see it.  I like fishing if that's what it is anyhow.
anna couldn't keep out of the water after we changed her into her emergency outfit.  since eveyone was taking a nap and julia was needing a nap we did the skedadle.  Of course julia fell asleep about 5 minutes before we got home.  oh julia.

2 comments:

Trina said...

I love Julia's pigtails!!! And the stories! I love that Anna likes museums so much!!! What a smart girl! :)

Kristin said...

You're a better sport than I am. I loathe fishing! The naked ballet cracked me up though. Spencer loves being naked too. He tries to get away without undies at night, but I never let him. He doesn't do ballet, but does dance to the bathroom and back every night when he's getting ready for bed. It's hilarious! So funny about the museums too.