Monday, August 4, 2014

splashing in the rain and a halloween boogie

we had a good start to our day.  I woke up at 5:30 and ran about 5 miles.  Then we ate breakfast and Anna straight away wanted to go for a bike ride.  So by 8:15 we were at the park splashing in puddles.  We came home, anna played her preschool game (julia watched) and the girls played outside while I washed, dried and folded 5 loads of laundry + cleaned the bathrooms and kitchen and vacuumed.  I'm not sure where all that laundry came from.

Anna was playing all sorts of imagination games today.  When I checked on them downstairs Anna was telling Julia that they were going to the fair (or maybe it was the circus) and she needed to bring the baby tiger along so it wouldn't get lonely.  Then during dinner she was playing a princess game and she said that the king died.  So I pretended to cry and she said "it's okay queen, we can remember the king by smelling the stinky shoes he left in the kitchen - he had stinky feet"  Not sure where that came from.  Then I said "hurry run, there is a mean wizard coming"  She RAN into the house and started wailing "i'm scared im scared, there's a mean wizard outside."  She was really scared, she thought there really was a wizard outside.  It took at least 5 minutes to calm her down.  Her imagination runs wild.

And then after that she performed this gem (im sure this song is on the "wee sing halloween" book I picked up for her last week.  She is crazy about holiday music):

Oh these girls.  I have to work tomorrow so we are going to Rachel's house.

1 comment:

Joy said...

I love Julia's ensemble. Tu-Tu + "boys" Elmo T-shirt.