Friday, May 9, 2014

the new house

moving is stressful.  I think it's just the change.  I'm 75% packed.  We probably won't move for 1 more week (we are waiting on Richard's first paycheck - then we can close).  I think writing out the positives might take the stress down a few notches for me.

Things I'm going to love about the new house:

  • Feeling more permanent and hopefully making some friends
  • 3 bathrooms!  (right now we have 1....its no good)
  • Having a front door!
  • Having a garage!  With direct access to the kitchen (no more using a wheelbarrow to take my groceries to the house)
  • Having privacy
  • Fruit Trees!
  • Fenced Yard
  • Library within walking distance
  • 3 parks and 2 schools in walking distance
  • Sidewalks all the way to a reasonably priced grocery store
  • trail running less than a mile away
  • AC!
  • Stove right next to the sink (decreased incidence of burnt dinners)
  • Porch
  • a place for a hammock
  • window above kitchen sink
  • basement for housing visitors
  • inside storage for camping gear
  • direct access to laundry room (read as: less mud throughout the house after working in yard)
  • beautiful place for a piano!
  • a bath for the girls! 
  • enough room for food storage!
  • nice neighborhood with sidewalks for riding bikes with girls
  • still close to the mountains, just now a new canyon to explore
  • basement has a door - I can close it off to the girls - or have renters
  • cute, updated kitchen (NO MORE WHITE SINK!!!)

1 comment:

Kristin said...

Moving IS stressful. I'm glad you have so many positives to look forward too though! It sounds awesome. It will be worth it when the moving part is all over. (I hate my white sink too, but I picked it out so I can only blame myself!)