Monday, May 12, 2014

grandpa glenn is 89

Happy Birthday to Anna and Julia's great grandpa.  Great Aunt Annette Dunson planned a little party for him today (my mom's sister).  The girls played under the grand piano in the front room while we had lunch.  My grandpa didn't talk much because he was having a hard time swallowing his food.  Nothing new there.  I asked grandma what kind of cake she used to make for him, all the kids said "anything without frosting."  I guess he didn't like frosting.  I noticed he didn't eat the frosting on his cake today, so he must not.

Anna and Julia always get excited about birthday cake - so Aunt Annette let Anna help her light the candles, I think it was the highlight of her day.  That and helping Grandpa Glenn blow them out.  You can see a blur of my mom's brother in there too, Uncle Eric.





No comments: