Thursday, November 14, 2013

the last sunny day

I have had several people tell me today to be sure to enjoy the sun today because it is "the last sunny day for a while".  In Utah, there will always be another sunny day.  if you've ever lived in Portland, then you would laugh with me at the thought of having a 'last sunny day' in Utah.  It is almost guaranteed that At LEAST one day next week will be sunny.  It might be cold, but there will always be another sunny day in the near future.  When I lived in Portland.....we would take sunny days seriously.  Outside, all day, no exceptions.  News of a sunny day between the months of oct-may was seriously business.  But anyways, we went to the park today since it is "the last sunny day."
 Julia is into this pack rat phase.  She has to bring toys everywhere.  Today we were able to pare it down to one doll.  In the car we left a tambourine, a dinosaur, a tinker toy, 3 pieces of chalk and some blocks.  I didn't think we could keep track of all that at the park, but I knew I couldn't get her out the door unless she had her 'things'  The real question is....when will Julia stop sucking that thumb?  If it's genetic, then the 4th grade.
 julia with dolly.
 I turned away from julia for a second to take some pics of Anna and when i turned back around.... Julia was in this turny thing face first and Spinning around, but not worried or making a noise, even though it looked really dangerous and uncomfortable.  I guess she was trying to spin her dolly and when she went in to get her out julia got sucked in.  I turned julia around and anna came over to push her.  Julia was so dizzy when she got off it that she had to sit down!
 anna could do it by herself!  she only pretended to be dizzy after.
 julia pushing dolly in the swing.  she thinks of these things all by herself.  she loves her dollies and takes such good care of them.  She's a good little mommy.   i can't wait until she talks.
 anna staring at a mom and kid playing.  yup, she stood there for a good 5 minutes staring so i had to get a picture.
 after the park we went to a puppet show about a selfish turkey.  julia was horrible but anna loved it.  julias not old enough for that stuff yet.  she's a cutie though!  in this picture she is looking at a baby who is crying.  it was a thrilling moment as you can see.
anna is a big girl!  and she won't let us forget it!

1 comment:

Kristin said...

Ha! So true about the sun in Oregon. We had a few semi-sunny days last week so I made a lasagna garden. Hopefully a blog post will be coming soon.