It's been a busy week. Our fellow tenant upstairs moved this week. As she is a single mom, it required a lot of help on our part (we watched Zach a lot this week).Other than that, we did a lot of hiking. On Tuesday we went up to Morgan for Anna's music lesson with Aunt Amy. We visited uncle Bryan as he is in town since the government shut down. Then we went for a hike up snow basin. We saw another moose. It was a beautiful day and a fun short hike with minimal whining, which is always a bonus.
cheese! she wanted to pick up every leaf and give them to us.
the light was beautiful.
amy looks beautiful here. shes got evan.
black dot = moose. camo in the corner = evan
julia sorta gets left in the dust. this was just after the moose sighting and she was very concerned, but didn't know what we were all looking at.
Anna and Jane play well together, they were running and holding hands.
Anna and evan were laying low to scare us. They play really cute together.
I got a new job this week too. I start counseling at corporate offices within the next month or so. It should be good. Getting that squared away was a time sucker. We decided to go on a date this weekend. We went hiking up to Mt. Olympus while Amy watched our kids. We also went to the temple in Daybreak. It was beautiful. Mt. Olympus is a difficult hike. We are dying today, but you get some fantastic views of the valley!
mt olympus is seen in the very top left hand corner. we went all the way back there.
this is a very popular hike. all the fallen trees were smooth from the oil on peoples hands from touching them. i love the textures and shapes of nature.
this is a very uphill hike
the actuall top was this, but we didn't feel like doing that, especially since i was breaking in new boots and i had blisters the size of quarters on my heels.
on top
rich ditched me on the way down cuz i was taking pics. i accidentally got off on the bonneville shoreline trail for while. oops.
bug on a leaf
fall color, blue contrasting yellow
look at the rock layers, really neat.
we loved this tree and the view beyond it.
look at the pretty fall color!~
mt olympus wilderness
still wildflowers in october!
my attempt at panorama it was an amazing view (this isn't on top, the one with richard in it is)


2 comments:
How beautiful!!!!!!! I love the pics!!!! I love hiking!!!!! Soooo jealous!!!! I love hiking Mt Olympus! Good memories!!! Your kids are cute little hikers!!!! I love that you saw moose too! :)
Gorgeous pictures! I miss Utah mountains! I'm glad you got to go on a date after all of that babysitting and helping your neighbor move. I hope your new neighbor is a quiet, non-needy one!
Post a Comment