Saturday, October 26, 2013

we love millcreek canyon

 It's been beautiful weather this week.  I've been dying to get up to the canyon to enjoy the beautiful fall weather.  So on Friday we finally made it.
 And it was wonderful.
 I love Julia in this picture (the one above and the one below!)

 And anna's eye's are so pretty in this picture.  She looks like a little Angel.  Don't mind julia's belly out there.
 Look at Julia running!  Pure bliss.
 In this picture Anna is saying "look at the beautiful mountains mom, too bad we couldn't climb all the way up there today, maybe next time"

 I love the way the trees make shadows along the trail.
 WE stopped for a while so Anna could practice climbing.  Julia climbed at my feet.

 For some reason Julia thought she could smell rocks.
 look at her examining sticks.
 This is today.  Our upstairs neighbors brought us some WHITE rolls.  Julia LOVED them.  I mean really loved them.  Here she is lounging in the chair.  Enjoying her roll.
 zoomed in.
 Zoomed back out.  Look at the mouth full of roll.  You'd think it was ice cream or something.
 What is she?  The queen of sheeba?
 AFter I went for a long run up the canyon, my sister dropped by.  With all of her kids.  I'm always up for a game of soccer in our awesome backyard with Amber Bamber.  The kids love playing with these safety goggles.  Here is Jane.
 Here is Anna and Evan painting the shed (with water).
 Then Amber started painting faces with water.
 She was a pro.
 After all the big kids went in Julia and I basked in the sun.  What a doll.
 Then we went up to Millcreek Canyon for a hot dog and marshmallow roast.
 Darn it, I left the marshmallows and camera at home.  Thanks richard for going home to get em for us.
 Julia loved those marshmallows.
 As did Amber.
 And Jane.
 And Evan.
 Oh I'm eating a carrot in this picture.
 We went on a little hike to the pipeline trail after dinner.

 The preschool walking group.

 Amber the unicorn.
 My brother Taylor is way too cool for all of us.  Just look at his hair.  But I guess Julia was okay enough since she's wearing a cool coat.
What a fun night, thanks for coming family.  Here's mom walking Anna to the car.  Anna is carrying some of my Dad's apple crisp.  It was a perfect night if you ask me.

1 comment:

Trina said...

That is a perfect evening!!! And I love that you can go real hiking!!! So fun!!!