My dad and I picked apples and made applesauce yesterday. We picked 3 bushels and it took us all morning because we had to climb to the top of this tree. I fell off at one point, but luckily the branches slowed my fall. It was a fun time. We also chopped branches off the tree, which I love doing for some odd reason. I think my dad loves it too. Making applesauce is fun, you put it through the victoro (thanks Joyce for buying that for me years ago) and grind it into sauce. My dad turned the victoro all day. I bet he's got a sore arm today. I was up until 10 wiping applesauce off everything. it was a mess! We ended up with I think 34 quarts. I think. mmm it's going to be good!
This morning I took a shower. When I came out anna said "we are having a party." She got all her ponies out and had a pretend tea party out here. She HAS play dishes and food. But no, tupperware and real plates are so much fun. I moved them down low so she could set the table. Since I did that, they have also become a favorite toy.
Julia loves sitting in small enclosed spaces.
PLaying with the dishrags. This has always been one of anna's best pastimes.
While we were canning applesauce yesterday, my mom took the grandkids and her mom out to Gardener Village for the witch fest. Looks like anna is a bit overwhelmed here.
I guess she ate most of grandma's fettucini alfredo. She LOVED IT. Who doesn't?!
Amber, Remi, Chloe, Elizabeth, Jane, Anna. We kept julia at home cuz i thought she would get lost for sure. THanks mom! Look at how blessed I am!



1 comment:
Good work on your applesauce! I did 23 quarts yesterday and I'm SOOOOO glad to be finished canning for the year. It's not very fun without you around!
Post a Comment