Friday, April 19, 2013

Mamas taken us to the zoo tomorrow

I love raffi. A lot more than I love the zoo. But I'll go for free any chance I get. Our new friend holly and her boys invited us to come today. They were so sweet to us and they got us on the carousel for free too, twice! Anna and I have been reading nonfiction books about animals for a few days, so it was fun to go see the things we learned in action. It was also fun to let Julia walk around and explore. Of course her favorite was the underwater viewing part. She loves the marine life. A true Oregonian.

Anna walked the whole way. It was amazing. I didn't know it was possible actually. By the end she was exhausted though and so i bribed her with ice cream. Julia got in on it too. Mostly because there is no way to keep that sort of thing secret from that girl! Just ask grandpa!

After the Oo my best pal from college, Rachel, came over. She has Fridays off and lives a couple miles from me so we get together and hike usually. It was freezing today so instead we made my grandmas butterscotch biscuits, had a tea party and did yoga. It was delightful.

I'm glad I don't live in Boston and that I got to go outside and play. Those poor people who were stuck inside waiting for the terror to end. I can't imagine how scared my kids would be.

Oh yeah and this Anna's latest fashion design, it's actually pretty good!


















No comments: