Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Red Butte Gardens, Hatch Family Chocolates & Arctic Circle

 Anna at Red Butte Gardens.  We spent several hours there.  I accidentally dropped anna's shoe in a little nasty creek.  anna was distraught as it was her favorite hello kitty shoe.  Luckily I recovered it before a swamp monster got it.
 Anna and Julia were on this bridge.  Anna posed like a ballerina and then Julia had to pose just like her.  what a goof.  Lorri got some shots of us all together.  I can't wait to see them!
 pretty fall colors.
 Lorri was a very helpful travel buddy.  Julia was on a mean streak.  she beat up a few kids while we were there.  teaching her to say sorry was difficult.  one little boy just got her back by putting dirt in her hair.  The little girls weren't as aggressive.  Lorri got some awesome pics of the both mean incidents, I'll post them as soon as I get t hem.  I think Joy will get a good laugh.
 i love ornamental grasses.
 this was my favorite view in the entire garden that day.
 julia running down the hill in the 4 seasons garden.
 anna tried to roll, but it didn't work too well.
 we went to hatch family chocolate in the avenues (my friend jenn swears its the best thing around).  The girls had batwing suckers.  I had a PB chocolate, but I wasn't really in a sweet mood.
the girls gawking over the carmel apples.

After that we went home.  we got the mail and there was an add for arctic circle.  The girls thought the flashlights looked cool and Lorri was real excited because she always used to go there as a kid (they have some in oregon).  So we went to arctic circle for dinner.  It was pretty good!  Julia beat up some kids in the play area and we had to take her home.

2 comments:

Joy said...

My co-worker Yasi and I laughed and laughed over Julia, the 2 year old bully. Darn kid, do I need to sit her down and watch Sesame Street videos about cooperation and playing nicely over and over the next time I'm home? I also am glad that you were able to retrieve Anna's shoe. That chocolate shop looks awesome. I miss Arctic Circle too.

Joy said...

My co-worker Yasi and I laughed and laughed over Julia, the 2 year old bully. Darn kid, do I need to sit her down and watch Sesame Street videos about cooperation and playing nicely over and over the next time I'm home? I also am glad that you were able to retrieve Anna's shoe. That chocolate shop looks awesome. I miss Arctic Circle too.