Sunday, January 19, 2014

gavin's private sleepover

My nephew Gavin requested of him mom that he have a private sleepover at my house.  He got straight A's so I said YES!  I love my nieces and nephews like my own kids!  Gavin is especially fun because he doesn't require a lot of attention and he is very imaginative.  He also loves to read like anna, so we have plenty of his favorite toys: BOOKS!

 they didn't want to go to the cub scout fun o ree - but they had fun!
 lots of fun!
 they even exercised!

Anyways, we started out by going to an Ocean Adventures activity at the library.  He thoroughly enjoyed that.  Then we checked out books from the library - it was difficult to get him and Anna OUT of the library!

After that we went home and made pizza.  I let gavin have a  half hour of PLANTS VS ZOMBIE time - which I think is the real reason he wanted to have a sleepover at my house.  We went to bed around 9:00.  Julia loves him.  She couldn't stop climbing on him and teasing him while he was reading.
 this pic below is one gavin took, Julia was chasing him around.

Next morning we had COCO krispies for breakfast.  That was super exciting for my kids - we never buy cold cereal.  Then we made a fort and play play played with anna's toys until we went to a cub scout FUN O REE.  Gavin didn't want to go, I had to drag him out the door - but once we were there he had a great time.  So did the girls.
 our fort!  our house has a pretty good setup for forts.  I get more excited about it than the kids do though.
 this pic above is Julia chasing gavin.  he's hiding from her under this blanket.  She thought it was so fun!  pic below is gavin having a great time with anna's toys.  the baby is eating jake and the neverland pirate.

We planned on going to the aquarium after that, but it doesn't open until FEBRUARY!  So we played with our fort and anna's toys some more.  I made some cookies for him trying to be nice - but he doesn't like butterscotch chips!  what?  So then we decided to take him home.  It was a fun weekend.

2 comments:

Trina said...

You are such an awesome aunt!!! Everyone needs an aunt like you. :). How fun!!!!

amylynn said...

I agree- awesomeness. Thanks for loving my kiddos. Gavin loved his 'private sleepover'. And I'm glad to know that if Gavin is still playing babies at the age of 8 at least the babies are canabals.