Saturday, September 28, 2013

Dog Lake - take 3, we finally made it!

I worked this morning, but when I got home Richard wanted to go for a hike to see the fall colors.  I did too, but it was his idea today, and a good one at that!  Turns out the aspens are still yellow - but there is a lot of snow at the top of millcreek canyon!
 We got anna to hike well by having numerous snowball fights.
 After probably 3/4 mile she was done and we were done waiting for her.  Richard carried her up the mountain (thank you honey!)
 I carried bee-bop (her official nick name).
 The aspens had a tinge of yellow, but were mostly green.
 We hit some pretty slick snowy trail!  September 28th, and Anna says, ITS GETTING CLOSE TO CHRISTMAS!  She's got high expectation this year, yikes!
 close to the top.

 AT the lake.  Look at the mist on the right.
 Family photo, a good one!  thank you self timer!
 There are always wacko dog people up at Millcreek Canyon.  These people were real doosies.  They even had a diaper bag for their dog!
 Richard carried Julia down.  They were playing soem sort of game and he kept making her giggle.  She loves her daddy.  Apparently he got a good shot of her cuteness.
I slipped here, then anna slipped.  After I slipped she said, "its okay mom, you can be brave and keep hiking because I am holding your hand"  I love my little girlie.  Thanks for going hiking to today my family!

1 comment:

Trina said...

What a beautiful hike! I love dog lake!!! I used to bike to it from one side and we hiked to it from the other last year. LLs first Utah hike :)