Monday, March 18, 2013

parleys canyon trail and babysitting cousins

I've been internet-less the past 2 weeks.  I've been phone-less the past week.  I guess it's time to get back to blogging.


there is a short trail by my house, its right at the mouth of the canyon.  it goes over I-215 then down into this gulley and up out to Tanner park (as seen in pic above and below).  Although its a bit hilly, the trail is packed dirt wide enough for the burley at the bottom, so it's better than a sidewalk for sure.
 julia is walking.
 anna is potty training.  we are on week 3.  she does pretty good.  so while we were on this run anna said she had to go.  we went to the park's potty and it was locked.  so, being the unconventional mom I am, I just had her squat by a tree.  she had to go pee pee and what were my options....sit in pee all the way home or pee pee on a tree.  you just cant make a 2 year old "hold it".  so she squatted and giggled about it  but didn't go.  and didn't go.  so i said you'll have to hold and she did until we got home.  unless she didn't really have to go anyways, in which case we exposed her buns for noth'n (there was no one at the park).
 wow mom, that slide was exciting!  julia just wanted to crawl up the slide.
 julia walking in pants that are a bit too big.  goofy girl, she can go quiet far but is much faster at crawling, so she gets down and crawls if she wants to get somewhere fast.
 another pic of the trail.  the girls are not used to that sunshine!  lots of crying.  anna often says "mom, i dont like the sunshine, the sun is NOT GOOD!"
 anna and I watch her cousins several times a week.  I say anna and I because anna plays with them and I just monitor and act as the manners patrol and sharing administrator.  Sometimes I also entertain and document.
 chloe
 3 little (playdough pig nose) pigs  - note our new table compliments of True Feild (rich's grandma)
 remi

mrs. potato head's pig nose

1 comment:

Joy said...

Wait! That's my table!! I hope you are just holding on to it until I can get it.