Thursday, March 28, 2013

Changing beds

I'm reading my grandmothers journal. I probably met her while i was in heaven, but i dont remember. She had 8 kids. For some reason she keeps track of the loads of laundry she does and when she changes the bed. Probably to document to posterity how much work 8 kids is. I can only imagine what a pain it was to tear apart and wash 8 beds!

I thnk I got a taste of it last night though. Julia is sick with what my grandma would term "the intestinal flu" (she References this often in her journal as it seems one kid was always sick with it). I put her to bed on a blanket in the pack and play because she had diarrhea and soiled the sheets. Then (of course as soon as I layed down and was almost asleep) she puked and soiled the blanket. So i put the sheets back on and she puked on them again. The cycle repeated with poop and barf until about 2 am. I changed her bed 6 times within 24 hours. Poor girl. The night before I also changed Anna's bed as she peed the bed.

Usually I wouldn't feel pretty bad for myself but knowing what my grandma did makes my life seem like a piece of cake.

No comments: