We went on a little road trip today since Richard got his 40 hours in in 4 days. We had a picnic at the lovely picnic site.
isn't it scenic?
julia and i have a similar face i think!
i carried julia on the hike into the "canyon"
anna hiked. she actually likes walking anymore. its wonderful.
she even climbed.
this is the canyon. rock formations. its amazing what a little wind and water can do under the right conditions.
hiking along.
grandpa buhler rich and anna. trying to find the mickey mouse and flying dumbo in the formations. i must have a lame imagination because i didn't see much in them besides cool looking rocks.
some pictures without people (:
we told anna there wa sa troll. its a hiking tradition of my dads. nothing like deterring kids from enjoying the hike.
paul up high with josie.
anna had to go potty in the "cave of wonders" (we made tha tname up). rich had her try to go there but she couldn't do it.
anna had to find something to read. she loves reading signs. she spent a good 5 minutes making up different variations of what this sign might say.
beautiful scenery from above the canyon. does "lone and dreary wilderness" ring a bell?
anna in the canyon. it was a terrific place for her to bee-bopp around. I love how it looks so big without people in it. it makes you feel like a giant.
anna held her pee pee until we made it to this. the lone and dreary "big hole" as anna would call it. I wanted to document her first experience with an outhouse. there will be many more.
I told paul to smile. he said "i can't" he really cant. his face just wont let him. but he made a good effort!
Julia will be one tomorrow, so i took her out and attempted to get a good shot! I got one!
whats going on over there?!
hmmm im not so sure about that, but my mullet it really rock'n.
im so tired and i need a nap. ill just suck my thumb now.
not sure i can walk on this uneven surface.
duhhhhhhheyyy.
thumb. Like I said earlier I have been reading my grandma heiner's journal. I've made it to the year 1965. My dad was 9. He still sucked his thumb. I also sucked my thumb until the 4th or 5th grade. I think this may be genetic and we are in trouble.
trying to make me laugh.
anna likes to play with orange peels. she pretends they are people or animals and marches them around making up songs for them. its great. greatly entertaining and somewhat odd.
ahhh she finally went to sleep. this little pill is a horrid napper. But I'll take it, she's so cute I sometimes hate putting her down for a nap.
1 comment:
I'm all caught up. :) What a cool canyon! Julia is sweet, I love that she is such a tease. I loved Anna's performance and "ballet" poses. We miss you too, but I'm glad to see all the fun things you're doing in Utah! k
Post a Comment