Monday, July 28, 2014

break in at the buhlers

last night someone broke into richards car, opened the garage with the opener in his truck, then rummaged through my car and stole the petty cash I keep in the console.  Luckily we locked the house door (from garage to house).  They didn't take our bikes or tools, which is crazy, but wonderful.  We must have guardian angels watching over us.

 The neighbors up the street were not so fortunate.  They didn't lock their house door and the person went in their house, stole their purse, ipad, and found the car keys to steal the car with.

It was a good reality check for us.  We lock our doors, but I think we will be better about making sure all the windows have stoppers in them and the car doors are locked when outside.  I don't think I"ll be able to leave the windows open for fresh night air anymore!

In other news today, I finished organizing and cleaning the garage, it looks pretty good in there.  I was able to do that because Anna had a fever all day and laid in bed most of the day.  Julia was happy to just play by Anna and watch some movies.  It feels good to have that done.  Now we can really focus on the bedroom upstairs.

It rained hard this afternoon.  Anna's fever broke an hour or so before it started to rain, so I told her she could play in it.  Rain is really a novelty here!  And it was nice and warm.  We raced boats down the gutter with the neighbor's grand kids.  The girls had a great time.

We had family home evening.  We learned about  being confirmed a member of the church since amber will be baptized and confirmed this weekend.  anna was very interested.  After that, Rich read the girls their night stories.  Julia was mad about that, she wanted her mom.  But when she saw what fun anna was having, she got over it.

I hope I can sleep tonight.  I'm feeling a little scared after the break in.




4 comments:

pbuhler5 said...

Get a Dog!!!!!!

Joy said...

Except for a dog like Josie. She will run and hide from an intruder.

That stinks about the thieves. Glad that nothing else was taken though.

Spenny and Nellie Morris said...

What?! How frustrating and sad!

Breea Heiner said...

yikes. Glad nothing worse happened. Silly burglars.