Friday, July 25, 2014

no time like the present

for starting goals that you write about on your blog (I wrote today that I wanted to keep up better on the blog).......
no pictures!  SAD!

I just went grocery shopping last week!  But we are out of food because I haven't been planning a long enough menu.  So today our fridge was bare and I was planning on having pancakes and eggs for dinner.  My mom called me up and said "Bart and Annette are here, can we come over."  My first reaction was no - I'll come to your house (mostly because I didn't want them to have to drive down so far).  Then I remembered my goal to get the kids in bed by 8 and (since it was 4:30) decided I better have them come here.  So I made up some Lentil Tacos with the food I had, went to Smiths and bought ice cream for dessert (and blue cookies!) and all the family came on over!  Andy, Virginia (+kids), Mom, Dad, Jill, Jessica (my cousin, jills age), Bart and Annette.  Rich was sure surprised when he got home!  It was wonderful to see Bart and Annette again.  They were our only family when we lived up in Portland and they always took such good care of us.  Bart would help us fix things on the house and went hunting with Richard.  Annette and her kids would come over once a week at times and visit.  They remembered us at Christmas and invited us to their thanksgivings.  Family really is a special thing.  Thanks for coming over guys!  And thanks for fixing whatever you fixed Dad and Bart!


No comments: