Richard got so much done today. He made us cottage cheese pancakes for breakfast. The morning he went to This is the Place state park and took apart the stake's 24th of July float. When he got back, he finished putting up shelves in our 'under the porch' storage room. He also mowed the lawn. After that he trimmed the doors in the house that were too long. Then I suggested that we build some shelves in the garage with the leftover lumber from the shelves we took apart in the basement. We just finished that project. Wow, what a worker, thank you Richard!
I had the easy life. I slept in, woke up and read a bit of The Great Gatsby. While rich was gone I gave the girls baths (anna peed the bed again...3 nights in a row). Then I did their hair, cleaned the kitchen, washed annas bedding and put it on the line (3rd day in a row). packed lunched and headed over to Jenn Oblad's inlaws house to see her before she moved to Vegas. She is a friend (my only) from high school. We went to a park and then had a reminiscint lunch of chicken salad sandwiches with tortilla chips (in the sandwich). We used to eat that every day for lunch in high school. Fun to see a friend.
When I got back Julia went down for a nap. As did anna. Apparently she is really sick. who knew? She only naps when she is sick. While the girls slept I contemplated painting our future bedroom. But instead I decided to finish up our basement job. So I finally got it all cleaned up down there (it feels so good!).
Then the girls got up and we made them dinner (peanut butter smoothies with spinach). Anna was feeling really rotten so I read her all of her library books, then gave them a bath and read some more Great Gatsby.
After hte girls were in bed we worked together on the shelves. It took forever since our tools like to die in a pattern (first the drill battery runs out, then the air gun stops working, then the drill battery works, then runs out....etc).
It was a good day. We got so much done. I've been feeling like we can't live in this house because we never have time to get anything done. But we do - we just have to be here! Well, actually Richard just has to be here. Thanks for being so handy honey.



No comments:
Post a Comment