On Tuesday we saw some panhandlers by Winco.
Anna asked why they were sitting there on the corner.
I said because they don't have jobs and so this is how they try to get money.
She asked why they didn't have jobs.
I said because they probably made some bad choices and had some bad luck.
She asked where their families were.
I said they probably didn't have families close by to take care of them.
She said "I think the Lord told their families to go an adventure without them and so they got left by their families while they went to the promised land"
Yup - book of Mormon stories are getting a bit jumbled in Anna's head.
Last night we read about Abraham and Isaac.
I'm not sure it was a good idea.
Anna asked why Abraham tied up Isaac on the rock.
I said because God asked him to.
She asked again why he tied him on the rock.
I explained that things were different way back a long time ago when Abraham lived and God talked to Abraham and told him to tie up Isaac.
She said - oh a long long long time ago when Salt lake city wasn't here (or something like that) before Joseph Smith and Jesus? I said yes. Then she moved on.
That's a scary story for kids! I hope she isn't scarred.
She was asked to give the talk in primary. We will see how that goes!
1 comment:
Bible stories are wild. But I think its important for little kids to start learning the stories for several reasons. Anna's reactions to these stories are great. Keep learning, kid.
Post a Comment